A short talk that will answer some key information security questions including:
- Who is really after your information? Has the stereotypical hacker changed?
- What sort of information do they want?
- Why do they want your information and your computer?
- What might it mean to you and your customers if they do steal your information?
- What can you do to secure your systems against information theft?
How else might someone steal your information?
David Pybus has been working in the field of information security for over 10 years. He currently works for Diageo, a global beverage alcohol company. In his role at Diageo David has written security policies, managed information security risks and managed the security incident team. David’s background in security incidents and the security incident community gives him a powerful insight into the latest approaches taken by hackers in stealing users’ information and the protection measures that can be used to keep them out.
||Registration, refreshments and networking
||Introduction, IT Security for SMEs - Who wants your information, why and what you can do to keep it secure
||Opportunity to question the speaker
Opportunity to network and talk to the speaker